Monday, July 18, 2005

Congressman: Mecca a possible retaliation target

Well it's been a fun week of doing much of the same...nothing. I've been writing a few chapters for a book of mine that is completely off topic. It's book about a half phoenix/half dragon type fantasy character and seems to be turning out well enough. I was told I wrote like a man...I think that's a good thing? But at any rate I revamped my first two chapters with some detail, not mind-numbing mind you.
Anyway to the topic. I was scrolling down the cnn site for the latest news and that's the headline I picked up. It's linked so anyone can take a look at it and I'd encourage you to do that. He says that in retaliation for a nuclear strike on the United States by extremist, fundamentalist Muslims we should take out Mecca. Now in his defense he says he was just throwing out ideas to a hypothetical situation, but let's take a look at how that is about the stupidest thing I've ever seen said...well maybe just for the month. I remind you, I live in the backwards, backwoods city...I see things worse than this on a daily basis.
For one, why are they bombing us in the first place? Is it connected to our activities of the past(IE: America's, Brittain's, etc etc own terrorist activities of the past??) Some say the war in Iraq is fueling the recruitment for Al Queda and other terrorist groups. I'd have to say...yeah and in fact maybe that was the point of attacking Iraq. I can remember something Mr. Bush said...that we went into Iraq because we knew that's where the terrorists would make a last stand. Some people may forget about the lies told to get us in, but the people over there don't forget.

Feenix

3 Comments:

Blogger Dav said...

Smart, lets just nuke the world and live on the moon.

10 years down the road, lets nuke the moon too, just in case!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Feenix said...

I have no doubt that's what they're saying...nuke them Arabs wherever they are!!!
That's all this war on terror really is. A glorified way to dub genocide as a just war.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Dav said...

Hrmm warm nukes....

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home