Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Couple things to note

Hello all. How's it goin? Yeah, I thought so... you better be doing well heh. Anyway I'm in another class this summer and it's on the process of logic, specifically propositional logic. Sounds fun huh?

Anyway to the matters at hand. Pay close attentiont to people's reaction to the conviction of the former KKK man (now 70 or 80 something). Good quote I got from a news interview was this "He's not really just an old man. He's an old killer." That in response to ppl's outrage at the conviction of this older man. I think he got 20 some years which is basically a life sentence. I mean come on...is it really that different from an old WW2 war criminal? Are we gonna just let crimes go unpaid for because people have aged? I heard a woman on the news say "Let's just have bygones be bygones." Let me make my point clear.... If I brutally murder your son or daughter, brother or sister...etc etc and don't get indicted until 40-50 years after the fact then we can let bygones be bygones?

And no I'm not a brimstone and fire type person. I'm for redemption, but to illustrate another point I'll bring up the story of the Cross. Christians know this well. Take a look at Luke 23:40-43. One of the two thieves repented, yes? But did that act take him from the consequences? So that's my points covered. Time does not wash away the sins of the past(it may be a factor but it isn't the clear all componant) and redemption involves the payment of consequences.

Anything else I missed while I was in my cave of solitude doing random domestic chores and homework?

Keep informed!!
Feenix

2 Comments:

Blogger Dav said...

Well for one thing you missed me hitting a honor level of 32.

But yeah, I've been reading about that KKK thing, *shrug* we have crap like that here too. Like a couple months ago this 60 year old guy was in court for raping his step-grandaughter (wf?) and she was like 10 years old (wtf x 2) and he had the b@lls to ask the judge not to sentence him a canning. Needless to say, he got 3 canes insted of like 10, but he's still in jail for a couple of years (thats 50 years too short for me).

So... um yeah, people are stupid (not all, but a big chunk)

9:58 AM  
Blogger Feenix said...

lol yeah I sorry Dav. I came into IRC a couple times this week...early in the morning for me but you weren't there :( Congrats on 32 dude. I'm still 16 but I'm gettin there.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home