Wednesday, June 29, 2005

War of the Morons!

Yeah, I'm going to go contribute to the movie end of capitalism today or tomorrow and see War of the Worlds. I don't like celebrity hype so I won't comment much on it but Tom Cruise needs to lay off the crack (pat pat) Anyway there is some "good" news. Pres. Bush says we don't need anymore troops in Iraq so that means drafting me isn't going to happen in the near future. Yay for me staying in school until I'm an old man! I appreciate my freedoms and I appreciate the men and women who fought and fight for them, but I believe we need to give those guys a valid cause to fight for if that is what they want to do. Fighting to control oil or opium trade is, well it's flat out terrorism and it follows the long line of terroristic activities this country has come to know and love. Harsh, I know but let's focus on some productive things we can do...

Like get rid of free trade that exploits the poor. They package that crap in nice boxes labeled "Poverty Relief" and what people find inside is a nice flaming bag of ....crap. If you don't believe me on my emphatic hatred of free trade just take a look at the facts and I'll give you a good source for that. Talking Points on Global Issues -A Reader- by Richard H. Robbins. Grab it, buy it and read it. He uses excerpts from various sources and published works on this topic and many more. Tell me, what's the good at having food at lower prices when that means these big corporate farms are selling under the production price? What good does that do when the local farmers can't sell their crops for any profit and in turn have to sell their farms to the corporate farms? Not sorry for saying this but I think this G8 is a load of crap. Have your slumber party somewhere else and actually give the poor people of this world a real solution.

Feenix

3 Comments:

Blogger Dav said...

What? Cruise and crack? Really? You crazy Americans! *tisk* *tisk*

Anyway, how was the movie? As soon as I can gather up the energy and time, I'll go watch it.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Feenix said...

Movie was awesome. Definately worth the money to see it. :)

8:51 AM  
Blogger Feenix said...

I also wanted to state for this post... I know that the corporate farm deal is mainly in S. America and not Africa in which this G8 summit is dealing with, but I still hold to the fact that the "industrialized nations" have no interests in mind other than there own. It's either that or they're just as stupid as people say they are, which I'm not buying.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home