Thursday, June 15, 2006

One man's trash....

Hello Hello,

It's been a long time coming but I'm finally posting yet again. I've been away at a field camp for the past 5 weeks and it's offered more than its fair share of epiphanies. Field camp you say? Basically a geology boot camp where you're supposed to be on your own for the most part and map different structures for 6 weeks. I've come to know new hells... For one I'm not a structural geologist and never will be. I won't be a petrologist either...no my friends there's hardly an ounce of paleontology out here and that leaves me with little... but enough of that. It's been a good 5 weeks more or less and the adventures are welcomed.
Epiphanies...refreshing and bitter at the same time. I don't know when I came to know the world was a ridiculous place but it happened. Somewhere in the lanes of sweet candy and bliss I came to that bitter realization that what matters in life wasn't supposed to be selfish but yet the world was. People call that growing up....Perhaps, but look at the world around you. I see a lot of selfish people... I see a lot of empty values, hollow words, and promises only used as an I.O.U. I see people cling to ethics and morals for the sake of selling out their values, practically, and worse yet...their freedom. Perspective perhaps... and I have no right to tell others how to think or what to see but yet is reality determined by the majority? I think not. Reality is just as it is defined...Truth is not determined by perspective. But we find ourselves in that situation. Trapped in others ignorance while we, not them feel the brunt of the burden. Ignorance is bliss...but only to the ignorant. For those that know...knowledge comes at a price.
I've had a lot of epiphanies through these 5 weeks. They didn't occur with me sitting in a dark room, brooding over how the world is a fucked up place. No...they occured while I whistled out the door with the knowledge that I held my life and my values in my power(albeit limited) where my vote counted... and when the reality of it all gets too much...you'll find me in the pages of fiction and the sweet voice of my family, friends and, dearest of loves (Deirdre).


Feenix

5 Comments:

Blogger Dav said...

6 weeks huh? cool cool
i'm in a bit of a bind. the gf and i got a pair of engagement rings, long story short we had to send them back to the store to be made a bit thicker around the bands (pretty clean, simple bands, hers has a few diamonds)

the issue here is, i wanted to propose on her birthday 26/06/06 but i havent gotten the rings back.

poop

10:44 PM  
Blogger Dav said...

ownage!
you're never on, so the only way i can get to you is via the blog.
i asked, she made the mistake of saying yes.

Dav's ring

Shar's ring

10:57 AM  
Blogger Feenix said...

lol congrats!!!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Dav said...

like the rings?

12:48 AM  
Blogger Feenix said...

Love the rings! Good choice :P Congrats once again and welcome to the realm of wedding planning lol

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home