Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Drama:Get some in your life...or not

Ahhhh... *sigh of relief* I've finally finished my last semester of formal chemistry. Now of course, being a paleontologist in training I'm gonna take more courses in things that dip into chemistry; especially the geology part of it.
What does that have to do with the topic? Absolutely nothing :) On my way back from the grocery store I happened to be behind a mini-van that had this pasted on its back window. "Drama: Get some in your life" Now I know this was probably a theater person but it made me think of how this world has become one big soap opera. Instead of the characters falling in love with each others' worse half it's who hates who, who's got the nuclear weapons today, and who should we be afraid of? It may be the glorified version of it, but isn't it the same thing, drama? Why is it that we have to fear things, people, countries? Better yet, why is this being instilled into our 'normal' behavior?
I think those questions can be answered by also answering the question "Who stands to gain and what?" Enlighten me please. Comment all ya like and don't mind Davin :P

Here is my response to a speech by Arundhati Roy named "Come September" (yes I know I take another shot at the current administration, but I would've been taking a shot at another lobbyist if the tables had turned this past November). Here also is a link to where you can read or hear the speech itself. I encourage you to take a listen or look. Widen the view a little.

http://www.lannan.org/lf/cf/detail/2002-prize-for-cultural-freedom-roy/

3 Comments:

Blogger Dav said...

"Comment all ya like and don't mind Davin :P" ? Ok that hurt.
Now I know you think all I'm going to do is SPAM your blog with random posts, but I really do care!

So here I am, I'm going to try to comment on "Who stands to gain and what?"

IMHO, no one gains anything. Until the human race can learn to work together, and forget about having diffrent types of money, countries or politics, we are never going to go ahead as a species.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm not saying anymore, since you prolly hate me now *sob*

:D

9:05 PM  
Blogger Feenix said...

heh Sorry Dav, just kidding :)

I'd have to agree that we don't stand to gain anything by it, but there are some that do. Policies over here are driven by fear. That's why we all handed our civil liberties over on a platter. I mean come on folks. There are viable ways of protecting ourselves without giving up our freedom. I'll explain them to you if you like and perhaps even your local senator or rep can do that too...depending on who they are.

We have the means of actually giving all the world's population 3 full course meals a day. That's sustainable indefinately. But of course that would involve the people who have the power now to lose the wealth and means of exploiting their subordinates, us. I know I know...conspiracy theory just screams from that but take a look for yourself :)

10:14 PM  
Blogger Dav said...

The way I look at it is, communist ideas were ok, but in the end, it turned out bad because of one reason, it was run by men.

No matter what/how good you have it, someone's going to come over and mess it up. Frankly, I've given up.

All I can say is, I'm going to be doing what I think will help, and continue to accept feedback.

PS: if this post doenst make sense, its cause i'm at work and doped up on flu meds

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home